Central Fire Station
668 Tremont Street
The Central Fire Station is staffed by an Officer and two Firefighter/EMTs or Firefighter/Paramedics. Presently, there is one engine, a ladder truck, two ambulances, two forest fire trucks, one light rescue trucks, and two boats stationed in this complex. This station has three large apparatus bays with overhead doors at each end. This allows drive-through capability for larger vehicles or vehicles towing a trailer. In the rear their are three additional bays for smaller vehicles.
Central Fire was recently renovated in 2011 and officially open in 2012. The renovation project constructed a new right side of the building which now houses the firefighters quarters on the second floor and administration offices on the first. With this renovation, the new Duxbury Emergency Communications Center was relocated from the police station to the old side of central fire on the second floor.
The Central Fire Station also incorporates the Duxbury Emergency Management Agency and the Emergency Operations Center for our community located on the left side of the building on the first floor.
Ashdod Fire Station
794 Franklin Street
Our Ashdod Fire Station was completed and opened in April 2000 to serve the residents of the north and west parts of Duxbury. There is an Engine, a forest fire truck, a dive rescue truck, and a boat stationed in the fire station, and there are two Duxbury Firefighter/EMTs stationed at this station. The opening of this has helped to improve our response time to emergencies to this part of Duxbury.
We are pleased with this neighborhood fire station and the support of our community that helped us get this much needed project completed.
668 Tremont Street (Rear)
The Apparatus Annex is located at the rear of Central Fire Station. It houses three of our antique pieces of fire apparatus: Our 1928 American LaFrance pumper, our 1905 Hand Tub, and an old hose reel.
This building was built by our Firefighters several years ago at no cost to our taxpayers. The construction materials were purchased through donations and a benefit dance. Firefighters then built the facility during off-duty time and turned over the keys to Town officials at our First Annual Open House in 1990.