There are two different permit applications how will I know which one to file?

When you submit a building permit application to the Building Department, or an application to the Board of Health, or an application to the Planning Board or Zoning Board of Appeal, that application request is forwarded to the Conservation Department and the Conservation Administrator will determine whether you should file a Request for Determination of Applicability (RDA) or a Notice of Intent (NOI).