Central Fire Station
668 Tremont Street
The Central Fire Station is staffed by a captain and two firefighters. Presently, there are two engines, a ladder truck, three ambulances, two forest fire trucks, and two boats stationed in this complex. This station has six large apparatus bays with overhead doors at each end. In the rear there are three additional bays for smaller vehicles. The Central Fire Station also incorporates the Duxbury Emergency Management Agency and the Emergency Operations Center for our community.
The Central Fire Station was renovated in 2011. The renovation project constructed a new right side of the building, which now houses the firefighters' quarters on the second floor and administration offices on the first floor. Attached to the station is the Regional Old Colony Communications Center which answers 911 calls and provides fire/police dispatch to Duxbury.
Ashdod Fire Station
794 Franklin Street
The Ashdod Fire Station was completed and opened in 2000 to serve the residents of the north and west parts of Duxbury. There is an engine, a forest fire truck, and a dive rescue truck stationed here. There are two firefighters stationed in Ashdod. The staffing of the station has helped to improve our response time to emergencies to this part of Duxbury.
668 Tremont Street (rear)
The Apparatus Annex is located at the rear of Central Fire Station. It houses three of our antique pieces of fire apparatus: Our 1928 American LaFrance pumper, our 1905 Hand Tub, and an old hose reel.
This building was built by our firefighters at no cost to our taxpayers. The construction materials were purchased through donations and a benefit dance. Firefighters then built the facility during off-duty time and turned over the keys to town officials at our first annual open house in 1990.