The mission is to create an inclusive environment to enable our growing population of senior citizens to lead independent and rewarding lives through advocacy and support, both physical and emotional, and to encourage seniors to use their talents, knowledge and experience for themselves and the benefit of the Duxbury community.
Our seniors will have meaningful opportunities to enjoy life, interact with the community and preserve their mental and physical well-being.
A positive climate is created by the professional staff, volunteers and patrons that incorporate these values:
- Maintaining the older individual’s dignity and sense of worth;
- Creating a culture that provides acceptance, support, sharing and interdependence regardless of personal limitations;
- Providing the opportunity and freedom of choice to engage in a variety of activities in a safe and nurturing environment;
- Planning innovative programs;
- Offering a variety of supportive, counseling and referral service.