Dog Walking Permits are required to take your dogs to Duxbury Beach and Town of Duxbury / Conservation Land.
While there are over 300 Open Space parcels in Duxbury, the major walking areas include:
- AshdodForest - Congress St (no parking)
- Bay Circuit Trail - http://www.baycircuit.org/
- Bay Farm Field - parking off Bay Road
- Berrybrook Fields - parking off Winter Street
- Camp Wing Conservation Area - parking off Franklin Street
- David Cutler Forest - parking off Mayflower St
- Delano Farm - off Cordwood Path (no parking)
- Duxbury Beach
- Duxbury Bogs - parking off East St
- Frederick Knapp / Town Forest - parking off Mayflowr St and behind Town Hall/Unitarian Church
- Howland's Landing - parking off Crescent Street
- Lansing Bennett Forest - parking off Union Bridge Rd
- Lapham Woods - across from Duxbury Town Hall, Tremont St. Offstreet parking on Depot St
- North Hill Country Club
- North Hill Wildlife Sanctuary - parking off Mayflower St
- Old Garside Bog - bogs between Congress and Franklin Streets
- Round Pond Trails - parking off Mayflower St
- South River Bogs - parking off North St
- Thaddeus Chandler Sanctuary - parking off Valley St
- Waiting Hill Preserve - part of North Hill Marsh conservation area
- Whiton Woods - parking off Temple St
1) A Town of Duxbury Walking Permit, as issued by the Duxbury Town Clerk, must be obtained by the Dog Owner prior to walking a dog on Town of Duxbury / Conservation Land and Duxbury Beach
2) In order to obtain a Walking Permit, the Dog Owner must supply proof of a current dog license from the Town of Duxbury or other issuing jurisdiction
3) The Town Clerk will issue Walking Permit Dog Tags to each dog registered to the Dog Owner; each dog shall have its own tag
4) Each Permitted Dog must wear the Tag on its collar / harness
5) Town of Duxbury Walking Permits are valid for a calendar year
Resident $10.00 per dog
Non-Resident $25.00 per dog
Walking Permits are free to Duxbury Residents age 70 and older
PERMITS MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE TOWN CLERK IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE: during regular business hours. Mon 8am-7pm, Tues - Thurs 8am - 4pm, Fri 8am - 12:30pm.
MAIL: your request, payment and self-addressed stamped envelope to 878 Tremont St, Duxbury, MA 02332. Non-residents please include a copy of your dog's current license from your town.
DROP: your request in the box at the rear of Town Hall with payment and self-addressed stamped envelope. Non-residents please include a copy of your dog's current license from your town.
ONLINE: See the Town Clerk’s page on the town’s website (www.town.duxbury.ma.us ). Order licenses through the Town Clerk payment center using credit card, debit card or check. https://unipaygold.unibank.com/customerinfo.aspx
Fees collected will help offset the cost of the Mutt Mitt dog waste removal program. Mutt Mitt stations are installed at 13 locations around Town.
Remember that our parks are for the enjoyment of all, both humans and dogs. Please respect the rights of humans and share the space as needed. We are a better community when we cooperate with each other.