Due to the current COVID-19/coronavirus situation and the Town’s efforts to minimize exposure for both residents and Town employees, Town Hall and related facilities are closed to the public until further notice.
I am currently (or periodically) not in the office. However, I will work within reason to accommodate public requests, keeping the safety and well-being of our staff and the public in mind. Please feel free to reach out to me via email at Kelley@town.duxbury.ma.us or leave a voicemail at 781-934-1100 x5450, and you will be contacted at the earliest convenience.
Thank you for your patience and your understanding.
Susan Kelley, Town Clerk
Please take note of the following services that the Town Clerks office provides and is able to continue:
Business Certificates (D/B/A’S, Doing Business As)
- Renewals will be done when the Town offices re-open.
- If you are being required to file, or show proof of filing, please contact the town clerk at email@example.com
Dogs Licenses & Walking Permits
- Dog licenses can be renewed or purchased online via the Town Clerk’s online payment center. If you are licensing a new puppy, please include the rabies expiration date and your vet’s name on the order.
- If you do not have access to a computer, licenses may be renewed or purchased by submitting an application via US Mail or left in the drop box behind Town Hall at 878 Tremont St. Please be aware that your dog has to be current with their rabies vaccination(s). If your dog’s rabies vaccine expired in the last year, please include a copy of your current rabies certificate or the date of rabies expiration and vet’s name.
- Pet owners 70 years of age and older receive dog licenses and walking permits free of charge. Simply reach out and we will send you a new tag(s).
- Walking permits – residents and non-residents may purchase walking permits online, via US Mail or using the drop box behind Town Hall. Non-residents must include proof of a current dog license in your community.
Vital Record Request
- Birth, Death and Marriages certified copies.
- Please contact the Town Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we have your vital record on file.
- Once this has been determined, you may go online to request and purchase your vital record.
- You may also do this by mail, sending in your request and payment with a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Duxbury Town Clerk, 878 Tremont St, Duxbury, MA 02332 or by drop off in the drop box behind Town Hall.
- The fee for each certified copy is $10 by mail or drop box an $11.50 online
Annual Town Meeting/Special Town Meetings
- The Special Town Meeting scheduled for Monday, March 16 has been postponed to Monday, April 13th at 7:00pm at the PAC.
- The Annual Town Meeting and Special Town Meeting scheduled for Saturday, March 14th have been postponed to Saturday, May 2nd at 9:00am at the PAC.
- The Town Moderator, in conjunction with the Selectmen, Town Manager, Board of Health and Town Clerk, will update our residents with any changes.
- Decisions made will be for the health and welfare of all of our citizens.
Annual Town Election scheduled for March 28, 2020
- The Governor signed legislation on Monday, March 23, 2020 allowing for the postponement of Municipal elections statewide. The Selectmen voted on March 23, 2020 to postpone Duxbury’s Annual Town Election, with a rescheduled date to be determined. The Town Clerk’s office will work closely with the Board of Health, Police and Fire Departments, Town Manager and Selectmen to select a date to hold the election before the end of June 2020
- We encourage all who are not comfortable or able to go to the polls to request an absentee ballot. Please email email@example.com and we will mail you the required paperwork. All absentee ballots, whether already cast or received prior to the close of polls on the rescheduled election day will be counted.
- Notary services will not be provided until further notice.
Oath of Office for Board and Committee Members
- Will resume when Town offices are open to the public.
- If your board must meet during this time, and you will be participating having not taken your oath of office, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting.
Public Record Requests
- Please submit any public records request through the following online portal: https://www.townforms.com/FOIADirect-DuxburyMACitizens/Public/Request/Pu...
- We will do our best to fulfill these requests during this pandemic. With Town offices not open to the public, there may be some information that may be delayed due to research that may involve records that are not easily accessible now.